General information 3R's provides to donating companies*:
- 3R's accepts computer related equipment that is of current and working condition such that it is useable “as is” by schools and/or non-profit organizations.
- 3R's accepts current and working LCD displays, LCD projectors, laser printers, scanners and computers: desktops, laptops and workstations.
- 3R's accepts current and working peripheral equipment such as keyboards, mice and power supplies.
- 3R's accepts computer related wire such as USB, networking, display and power cords.
- 3R's does not accept non-working or dated equipment (acceptable age of equipment will be determined by 3R's staff).
- 3Rs does not accept CRTs working or otherwise.
- It is the responsibility of the donating company to determine that all computer related equipment being donated to 3R's is in working and reusable condition.
- Computer donations from companies, that do not have a working relationship with 3R's, will be tested for useability with in 30 days of delivery to the center. Equipment determined to be non-working or otherwise unacceptable may be returned to the donating company.
- It is the responsibility of the donating company to wipe all hard drives prior to donating.
- All computers, displays, scanners and printers that have been at 3R's for more than 360 days will be labeled as universal waste and recycled in accordance with current Maine laws and regulations.
- Quantities and description of all equipment coming into 3R's will be documented in accordance with current Maine laws and regulations.
_________________________________________________________________*3R's does not accept computer equipment from individuals.